Saturday 5 November 2016

People Should Be Doubted [Liar Game]

We often see blog posts about how we shouldn't doubt 
each other and how we should learn to trust each other but what if I
told you people should be doubted? 

Sounds crazy? Well it did to me at first. Now let me first
explain where I got my idea. 

I was reading this manga "Liar Game" and what this
particular character said had left me thinking 

"People should be doubted"
"Many people misunderstand this concept.
Doubting people is simply a part of trying to
get to know them"


"Trust, that act is without a doubt a very noble one.
But you know, what many people do, that they call "trust" is
actually giving up on trying to understand others"
"That has nothing to do with trust but is rather apathy"

"There are countless people out there who rail to realize 
that apathy is a far more devastating act than 
doubting others."
"The true evil is becoming apathetic about
other people."

"Doubt them, Question them, suspect them
and take a good long look into their 
hearts. Humans are the kind of beings that can't put pain into
words after all."

After reading it I couldn't help but think about it. There were
so many questions that I had. "Trusting them is apathy?"
I thought about it over and over. For some reason I couldn't
get it and even right now I'm having trouble understand it
however I think I get the gist of what it's saying.

It's easy to doubt someone who you dislike
but it isn't easy to doubt someone who you're close to so we
choose to trust them. Ignoring the facts with our
rose coloured glasses to avoid getting inflicted with pain. 
We choose to trust them, because it is easier to trust
someone close to you than doubt them. We trust them and
force our assumptions onto them. We trust them because it takes
less effort. We trust because we try to run away from really
trying to understand their true thoughts and feelings.
When I think back to all the previous times I trusted
someone, I question myself :
"Was it because I didn't care?"
"Was it because I had no interest in them?"
"Was it because I was afraid of finding them untrustworthy?"
To my own surprise, once I thought hard enough about it,
the answer was always "yes"

To be honest it can feel pretty lonely when everyone trusts
you, because they always assume you are a certain type
of person without even trying to get to know you.
We can only truly understand each other through
doubt.

With that being said, I haven't completely grasped the meaning
of it. However I think that I'm headed in the right
direction.

What would be your decision?
Will you doubt?
or will you trust?


Note: I do not own any of the images used above
Source: Manga - Liar Game















1 comment:

  1. This was my first time writing a blog so feel free to point out anything I'm doing wrong. What are you're thoughts about this? I would like to know in the comment section below

    -Kae

    ReplyDelete